Hi, there and welcome!
I am Jessica Böhme and I pursue to live a flouristic lifestyle in Berlin. I wear the same dress for life.
How did I get here? As a kid, I dutifully went to school and played with Barbies. Growing up, I wore fashionable clothes, went to college and soon started making more money then I could spend. Making money, consuming, making more money, consuming more, making even more money, consuming even more.
While I was on my way to a very standard lifestyle, I was beginning to feel something was off. Something about the world felt not quite right. I couldn’t stop asking WHY I did what I did. The main question I started asking myself was:
How can we as humanity and the planet flourish? And why don’t we?
From there, I continued. My career changed and I became a sustainability researcher and PhD student to find answers, which eventually led to more questions.
- Is there are a meaningful evolutionary process or is life a journey without a goal?
- What are we here for on the planet?
- Why are we worth sustaining?
- Do we, as humanity, undergo a collective consciousness shift?
- Is the planet a unified super-organism?
- Why do we keep consuming things we don’t need?
- What is the good life we are looking for?
- Can we replace institutions by self-regulating bodies?
- Why do we spend most of our time working in an environment that doesn’t represent our values, only to retire and spend our last few years on what we think is really important?
Apart from all the questions, I began to change my lifestyle in order to live in line with my values. That’s how my journey of a florism began.
In my work and through this blog, I seek to develop an understanding of the world that integrates many subtle facets of reality, and also provides a positive vision of what humanity can do together and can become in the future.
I believe in Utopia, Tofu, and changing the world by starting from within.
* photo by André Groth