Hi, I’m Jess.
I embark on sometimes radical eco–lifestyle-experiments, inspired by philosophy, cutting edge science and aesthetics, to bring attention to the intra-dependence of personal, social and ecological health and wellbeing.
This blog is a collection of what I find most relevant and interesting.
The best way you can benefit from this blog is to join hundreds of wise souls and sign up to my popular weekly wisdom newsletter.↓
Not ignorance, but ignorance of ignorance is the death of knowledge.
Alfred North Whitehead
- A glimpse of history to understand why we think what we think…Aristotle (384–322 BC) took god as a rules over men. And men over anything else worldly: women, animals, plants, land. René Descartes (1614–1616) separated our mind from our body “I think therefore […]
- The hen and egg problem of transformationThe famous problem of what was first “the hen or the egg?”also applies to transformation towards sustainability. Humans cause environmental problems through the systems and society we created. We created systems and […]
- The root of ecological problemsEcological systems don’t have problems in and of themselves. The problems are also – as I myself took it to be for a long time – not a mere problem of people’s […]
- Sustainable Lifestyles …Sustainable lifestyles imply that we take ourselves seriously. Taking ourselves seriously means taking responsibility for how our individual life choices either sustain or challenge the un-sustainable practices in our society.
- How do we find meaning?For many of us, materials seem limitless. But limitlessness is meaninglessness. Nature’s boundaries impregnate our life with meaning and a direction to make choices.
Wisdom is seeking to align desire with reality.