Hi, I’m Jess.
I embark on sometimes radical eco–lifestyle-experiments, inspired by philosophy, cutting edge science and aesthetics, to bring attention to the intra-dependence of personal, social and ecological health and wellbeing.
This blog is a collection of what I find most relevant and interesting.
The best way you can benefit from this blog is to join hundreds of wise souls and sign up to my popular weekly wisdom newsletter.↓
Not ignorance, but ignorance of ignorance is the death of knowledge.
Alfred North Whitehead
- Sustainable Lifestyles …Sustainable lifestyles imply that we take ourselves seriously. Taking ourselves seriously means taking responsibility for how our individual life choices either sustain or challenge the un-sustainable practices in our society.
- How do we find meaning?For many of us, materials seem limitless. But limitlessness is meaninglessness. Nature’s boundaries impregnate our life with meaning and a direction to make choices.
- A leaderless movementMany people on their path of living sustainably don’t consider themselves to be part of a movement, but they strive individually towards a life that is in harmony with the needs and […]
- Capitalism is not the cause of our social and ecological challenges.It is a symptom. The real problem is in the realm of our ontology – our theory of being. Our theory of being is based on dualist philosophies: the idea that we […]
- The two faces of (un)sustainability.Why the climate crises is a human crises. The climate crises doesn’t exist. Even if temperatures rise up to 4 degrees, life on this planet will still flourish. Though with less humans […]
Wisdom is seeking to align desire with reality.